Icelandic horses are not vaccinated and are therefore susceptible to infectious agents from abroad.
Visitors are asked to adopt strict biosecurity measures!
Importing the following equipment is strictly prohibited:
- Used riding equipment, such as saddles, bridles, nosebands, pads, rugs, whips, etc.
- Used riding gloves
Cleaning and disinfection:
- Used riding clothes and boots should be washed in a washing machine or dry cleaned prior to entering the country
Used riding clothes and boots that cannot be placed in a washing machine or dry cleaned should be washed and disinfected as follows:
- Rinse thoroughly with detergent
- Spray with 1% VirkonS® (10g per liter of water)
- Store for at least 5 days prior to bringing the clothes into contact with horses in Iceland
Thank you for your cooperation